Thursday, November 20, 2008



One of the great joys I have in ministry is baptizing people who have come to faith in Jesus Christ. Last Sunday I baptized five kids and it was awesome! Most of them had just finished a nine-week new Christian's study led by some great senior adults in our church. I baptized one brother and sister which was neat to see them together in the baptistry. One little girl had a bit of fear of the water so she got a "death grip" on my robe, but we made it just fine. One girl was from our student ministry and one young lady drew a picture during the service of her baptism. I didn't know I looked like that when I baptized! One of these day I think I will write a book about my experiences as a pastor with baptisms and weddings, and the such! The joy is always in the journey! I can't wait to see what is around the bend!


No comments: